Thursday, October 23, 2008

O how time flies........

It is hard to believe that it has been 6 weeks already since I came to the Africa Mercy. It's weird cause in some aspects it seems like it's been forever and then others it's like "Wow where did the time go." The experiences have been great and I am so thankful to the Lord for this opportunity to serve Him in this way. The people that I have got to meet, the conversations that I have had, the times with the Lord; have made these 6 wks a great journey. As I reflect at the half way mark, I can only stare ahead into the future with much anticipation for what the Lord has instore for me in the last half of my time here in Africa.

Last Saturday, the Africa Mercy celebrated 30yrs of Mercy Ships being a ministry to the sick and poor of the world and celebrate we did!!! It was a wonderful day. It started with 20 teams lining up on the dock to here about the games that we would all be participating in. From water sports, to running, to memory games we did it all and had so much fun. My team consisted of myself, 1 New Zealander, and 4 Aussies :) We called ourselves the ANZAC'S + 1! You can look up in your history books the meaning behind our name. Needless to say, we all just had a great time and messed around a ton. At the end our team took 1st place. We couldn't believe it 5 girls and 1 guy!!!! Then we had a grill-out on the dock with bbq chicken and hamburgers. The day ended with praise, worship, and thanksgiving for all that the Lord has done through this ministry over the years. They had speakers share a little bit about all of the ships that have at one time or another been a part of the Mercy Ships fleet. It was really neat. I will try to post some pics of the day.

The ward has been EXTREMELY busy this week. I have to say it's been really good for me personally. I am definitely being stretched way out of my comfort zone when it comes to nursing skill. The other night I think my oldest pt was 2 yrs old and I am not a pediatric nurse:) But God is so good and gives us the strength to do what we are incapable of doing on our own. It's been great to see the nurses all pull together. There have been some really sick patients lately as well and I praise the Lord for his healing power in their lives.

This weekend a group of us are going to Robert's Port. It's a place on the beach with tents on stilts. It's suppose to be a really nice place, so after a busy week, I am looking forward to relaxing and enjoying the ocean and beautiful sunsets, and great times with the Lord.

Hope all of you are blessed and encouraged in the Lord today!!!

No comments: